Facials, like massages, are all about indulging in some pampering. These fancier, pricier spa treatments claim to remove blemishes, combat wrinkles, moisturize, regenerate, tighten and otherwise beautify the skin so that your face looks fabulous. Basically, facials are necessary for healthy skin and routine facials are considered maintenance for radiant skin. You can never have too many facials…
So, why do you need a facial every month?
- We understand that life gets in the way and we forget to take care of our skin on a regular basis. For immediate results, we recommend facials (done right, of course by a licensed aesthetician). If your complexion needs a boost of radiance or its youthful glow restored, a facial can provide just what you’re looking for. We suggest trying a facial that contains collagen masks or hyaluronic acid treatments for instant plumping.
- Most facials include a certain amount of time dedicated to massaging your scalp or décolletage. Not only does this send us into deep relaxation but it helps to promote lymphatic drainage–rids your body of toxins and reduces fluid retention. By flushing out these toxins we also promote circulation, which leaves skin glowing and youthful.
- Facials cleanse a little deeper than we can at home. Deep-cleansing facials are effective because they thoroughly remove dirt and oil build-up without drying the skin. Rejuvenate your complexion and reduce pore size with proper cleansing.
- We’re bombarded daily with unavoidable toxins, UV rays and dirt that cause our skin to appear inflamed and congested. Professional strength exfoliation performed during a facial removes dead skin cells and promotes healthy cell turnover (when performed regularly). Over time, professional exfoliating methods can also help to diminish acne and other facial scarring.
- Facials are ultimately a great excuse for a little R&R. Rest, relax, alleviate stress and regain your balance during a facial. Life is busy, hectic, crazy, and even insane. Most of us don’t carve nearly enough time out for ourselves. Spending an hour in a peaceful, relaxing environment while undergoing a spa treatment is not only good for your skin, but also your mind.